|Department:||Office of the CFO|
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Finance & Human Resources
Reports to: EVP, Finance; VP Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The role of the Executive Assistant to the EVP of Finance and VP of Human Resources is to provide administrative support to the Finance and Human Resources executives and their respective departments. The candidate will enhance the operational efficiency of the departments and contribute to the accomplishment of department objectives. They will act as the main internal and external customer service contact for the executives. The ideal candidate will exercise independent judgment, analyze problems and determine an approach, prepare reports/recommendations, and facilitate development and publishing of policies and procedures, as necessary. This position will also provide support for facilities and HR administration, including greeting visitors and job applicants, preparing new hire orientation folders and maintaining employee personnel files, providing assistance with company meetings, maintaining the cleanliness of meeting rooms and ordering and maintaining office supplies.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer phones and email, and handle inquiries.
- Manage EVP Finance calendar, arrange meetings, travel, and conferences as needed. Handle detailed and complex logistics related to large meetings and executive travel arrangements, and track and accounts for executive travel/business expenses.
- Produce and maintains confidential reports and documents using various company systems/databases to capture information, and independently update department documents as needed.
- Participate in various department and corporate meetings, and drives agenda planning and meeting set-up for regularly scheduled meetings; takes and transcribes minutes as needed.
- Track and updates department headcount/personnel information, and assist in the on-boarding and orientation of new employees.
- Prep new hire packets for Emeryville new hires
- Maintain database of contractor policy acknowledgments
- Maintain employee binder for CEO
- Maintain employee files (electronic & physical)
Essential Worker Competencies
- Review, process, and track all finance and human resources invoices, seeking clarification and further information from managers as needed. Coordinate with accounts payable to research and resolve expense issues.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the annual department budgets.
- Interacts regularly with NMI employees at all levels, and acts as a liaison with external vendors and contractors.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of office needs, including its environment, supplies, and supporting technologies (e.g., multi-functional devices, phone systems, and fax and conference call solutions).
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Submit work orders for staff (HVAC, Lights, janitorial issues, etc)
- Inventory supplies & stock supplies as needed
- Monitor recycling/composting
- Maintain cleanliness & materials in conference rooms
- Retrieve and deliver mail daily to both floors
- Manage visitor notifications
- Manage access & parking card tracking & notifications
- Serve as part of a larger administrative professional team to support the broader corporation with infrastructure and administrative needs, developing work processes and best practices as needed.
- Manage and maintain an extensive internal SharePoint site to track policies, procedures, exceptions and initiatives.
- May provide additional support and meeting coordination for Finance and HR leadership.
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Is dependable and keeps commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- Minimum of 8 years of administrative experience with increasing levels of scope and discretion.
- Mortgage Banking and/or Mortgage Insurance a significant plus
- High school diploma or GED.
- Keyboarding speed of 60-70 wpm with high accuracy.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Fully proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Strong customer service skills and values.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise budget planning processes and applications.
- Basic bookkeeping, account reconciliation, and purchasing process skills.
- Ability to prepare concise, effective written documents utilizing good English grammar.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities and varied duties on a daily basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
Certificates and Licenses
Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
We offer a wide range of benefits to full-time employees, including:
Easy and effective on line enrollment in Medical, dental and vision insurance options and:
Diversity and Inclusion
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with JPMorgan Chase Health Savings Account (HSA)
- ING 401(k) account with 100% company match on employee contributions up to 4% of base salary (statutory limits apply)
- Term life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Voluntary benefits, including auto/home insurance, legal services, pet insurance, employee purchase program (employees can purchase new, brand-name computers and electronics through easy payroll deductions)
- ADP Personal Discounts (Perks). The ADP Personal Discounts program offers discounts on hundreds of brand-name product and services in categories like travel, electronics, health, fitness and more.
At National MI, we strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to build a diverse workforce, increase competencies, and support career development for all our employees. Our welcoming work environment encourages employees to engage with one another and make National MI a place they look forward to working each day.
National Mortgage Insurance Corporation ("National MI℠") is a new mortgage insurance company that has access to over $500 million of private, unencumbered capital for the mortgage insurance sector. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, National MI is led by an experienced management team with strong mortgage, financial services and start-up experience.
Our goal is to provide a fresh, new perspective to the market through innovative products and risk protection delivered by National MI’s very talented sales force and risk managers.
National MI seeks to differentiate itself based on several principles:
• Financial strength – we are highly capitalized and have no constraints due to legacy business
• Significant capacity to insure new business and offer competitive programs and products to support your production goals
• A unique underwriting program with strong loan quality assurance
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications