Job Title: Compliance/Security Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology and Security
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
The Compliance / Security Analyst maintains 24x7 support, monitoring and maintenance of the security infrastructure and components, participates in project planning and deployment of new technologies and will be responsible for
remediation of identified compliance and risk gaps. He/she works independently, operating under the defined guidelines established by the Director of Information Technology and Security.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow at NationalMI to ensure the internal and external security controls for the company are appropriate and operating as intended
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
- Conduct company-wide audits and manage remediation plans
- Collaborate with other areas of IT to manage security vulnerabilities
- Conduct research to keep abreast of latest security issues
- Ensures that system documentation is accurate and updated as needed
- Participates in disaster recovery (DR) exercises as directed
- Logfile review and analysis
- Install and maintain new systems
- Prioritize remediation of gaps based on internal and external audits
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Evaluates information to determine compliance with laws, regulations, or standards
Essential Worker Competencies
- 3-5 plus years related work experience
- Strong technical skills in anti-virus, DLP, and PKI
- Strong experience with the McAfee suite of products
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and system administration
- Experience with Nessus, RSA envision, RedHat Linux and database security
- Knowledge of data compliance and privacy standards and regulations as they apply to insurance and banking industries
- Knowledge of Information Security Standards (ISO27001, NIST, etc)
- Self-motivated, self-directed and shows attention to detail while working
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute reporting tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a diverse team of business and IT staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred; Professional certifications are an advantage
- The ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values
- Displays commitment to excellence
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes
- Is dependable and keeps commitments
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Some travel to our data center may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
Certificates and Certifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related IT field and/or 5-10 years of experience working within a diverse IT environment with 3-5 of those years focusing on security
- Industry certifications related to this position a plus (CISSP, GIAC, SANS, etc)
- Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
We offer a wide range of benefits to full-time employees, including:
Easy and effective on line enrollment in Medical, dental and vision insurance options and:
Diversity and Inclusion
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with JPMorgan Chase Health Savings Account (HSA)
- ING 401(k) account with 100% company match on employee contributions up to 4% of base salary (statutory limits apply)
- Term life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Voluntary benefits, including auto/home insurance, legal services, pet insurance, employee purchase program (employees can purchase new, brand-name computers and electronics through easy payroll deductions)
- ADP Personal Discounts (Perks). The ADP Personal Discounts program offers discounts on hundreds of brand-name product and services in categories like travel, electronics, health, fitness and more.
At National MI, we strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to build a diverse workforce, increase competencies, and support career development for all our employees. Our welcoming work environment encourages employees to engage with one another and make National MI a place they look forward to working each day.
National Mortgage Insurance Corporation ("National MI℠") is a new mortgage insurance company that has access to over $500 million of private, unencumbered capital for the mortgage insurance sector. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, National MI is led by an experienced management team with strong mortgage, financial services and start-up experience.
Our goal is to provide a fresh, new perspective to the market through innovative products and risk protection delivered by National MI’s very talented sales force and risk managers.
National MI seeks to differentiate itself based on several principles:
• Financial strength – we are highly capitalized and have no constraints due to legacy business
• Significant capacity to insure new business and offer competitive programs and products to support your production goals
• A unique underwriting program with strong loan quality assurance
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications