Business Analyst, Enterprise Document Management System
|Title:||Business Analyst, Enterprise Document Management System|
Job Title: Business Analyst, Enterprise Document Management System
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: VP, Software Development
FLSA Status: Exempt commensurate
This opportunity is for a Business Analyst who has experience with Enterprise Content or Document Management systems. Candidate must have experience working with business users on business requirements and ECM solutions, including gathering business requirements, mapping business functionality to system capabilities, testing, user training, troubleshooting, and client support. Experience working with one of the Open Source or Commercial Off-the-Shelf ECM systems such as Documemtum, FileNet, Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite, M-Files, OpenText, Alfresco, OnBase, etc. is a mandatory qualification for this job.
The Business Analyst will also create the functional and/or technical requirements, along with user interface requirements, as needed to support the business requirements. The Business Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Worker Competencies
- Learn National MI ECM system (Alfresco/Ephesoft) quickly and be able to use the tool in designing MI business processes and workflow
- Interview users and review existing documentation to elicit business requirements.
- Lead client sessions to define the user’s business requirements
- Create and analyze user stories for the business requirements
- Determine the effort required to build/customize ECM solutions with focus on using out of the box solution thus minimizing customizations.
- Help with designing and building an ECM solution based on client requirements and constraints
- Implementation and configuration of proposed ECM solution
- Testing and troubleshooting of proposed ECM solution
- Work with client to develop and deliver training plan for ECM system rollout
- Support ECM system during project
- Work with client to support ECM system during transition period at the end of project
- Provide level 2 and level 3 customer support for ECM System during project, as required.
- Represent client with support discussions with software vendors.
- Work in a true Agile software development methodology environment.
- Create software development lifecycle artifacts, including business requirements, functional specifications, process workflows, business rules, wireframes, screen element specifications, user stories, and acceptance test cases.
- Hands-on modeling to represent business activities in diagrams or documenting a system or a feature, as demonstrated by the use of UML, or any other notation to represent a business need.
- Monitor support tickets related to the enterprise transaction system, and identify issues that are process or training related.
- Design and develop materials and system structure, forms, and media that enhance insurance and document processes.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Document disaster recovery plans.
- Provide end-user assistance regarding systems and related software.
- Ensure users and customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely response and communications.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between functional and performance needs.
- Recommend additions or enhancements to the company’s hardware and software environment to provide the highest cost/benefit efficiency.
- Oversee the in-house information system and ensure proper communication related to changes and developments.
- Establish and maintain a library of technical documents and publications that support the insurance and document management systems.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Demonstrated ability in defining the problem-space identified by the user and impact analysis, as demonstrated by contributions to a project that lead to timely and efficient solutions.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, change management, and time management.
- Experience working with one of the Open Source or Commercial Off-the-Shelf ECM systems such as Documemtum, FileNet, Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite, M-Files, OpenText, Alfresco, OnBase, etc. is a mandatory qualification for this job.
- Experience working with one of the Open Source or Commercial Off-the-Shelf Document Capture/Indexing systems such as Captiva, IBM Document Capture, Oracle Document Capture, COLD/ERM, Kofax, Ephesoft, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and other Windows-based software applications.
- Proficient in SQL Queries, XML, and BPMN.
- Strong skills in requirements elicitation and requirements management, as demonstrated by experience with, and preference for, types of documentation and requirements management tools such as JIRA and Rally.
- Proven ability to re-engineer business processes.
- Experience and familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. Agile, RUP, or Waterfall).
- Experience with process management and process change implementation.
- Knowledge, or the ability to gain knowledge, of the specialized software relating to insurance and imaging systems.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Familiar with mortgage concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in the area of insurance processes and document management.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to produce presentations, and to make public presentations.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational goals and values.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- Master of Science Degree (and 3 years BA experience) or Bachelor's Degree (and 5 years BA experience) in computer science, information technology, business, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of requirements gathering, functional design, implementation or administration experience with hands-on knowledge in an ECM System.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments.
- Experience within the insurance, mortgage, or related industry is a plus.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in information technologies, processes, software development lifecycles, and strategic initiatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
This position requires occasional (less than 1/4 of the time) travel within the United States of America, via air or road travel in a car, van or truck.
Certificates and Licenses
Valid driver’s license required for travel to job sites and client and vendor locations within the United States.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications