Job Title: Underwriting Processor
Reports to: Underwriting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position supports the Underwriters with regard to mortgage insurance loan submission and review. The Underwriting Processor is responsible for the review of the customer’s loan file ensuring completeness and accuracy. This review may include data entry of the customer’s loan information into the system, document review including requesting missing documents from the customer as necessary and review for loan eligibility compliance. The Underwriting Processor will assist the Underwriters in performing loan follow-up, related administrative duties and/or special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Worker Competencies
- Responsible for receipt of mortgage insurance loan file submissions from the customer via all delivery methods (i.e. electronic, fax, email)
- Accountable for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the customer’s mortgage insurance loan file submission; validating that it is ready for Underwriter review and decisioning
- Identify and reconcile mortgage insurance loan file submission discrepancies regarding data entry or documentation
- Works closely with the Underwriters to request, obtain and follow-up on outstanding customer missing document requests to ensure a timely response
- Assist Underwriters in the follow-up of any outstanding loan conditions requested from the customer
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to maintain excellent customer service
- Handle customer inquiries as appropriate and elevate inquiries to the appropriate party as necessary
- Process loans in a timely manner to support National MI’s committed turn times
- Meet the production and quality standard metrics established by the Underwriting Department
ESSENTIAL SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Is dependable and keeps commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
Does Not Apply
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in mortgage lending
- Processing and/or Pre-funding experience preferred
- MI Risk experience a plus
- Ability to understand and interpret DU and LP Findings
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- General office skills/Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Precise attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting or is home-based.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications