Senior Quality Control Underwriter
|Title:||Senior Quality Control Underwriter|
|Department:||Credit Policy & UW QC|
Sr. QC Underwriter
This position re-underwrites simple to more complex mortgage insurance application files for acceptable risk based on published guidelines and credit policies as defined by National Mortgage Insurance (National MI). The Senior QC Underwriter must consistently apply credit policies; prudently assess exceptions and related compensating factors; meet or exceed productivity standards; communicate effectively; and build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Re-underwriting individual mortgage products and grading individual components of the underwriting as well as the entire credit decision.
- Accurately reviewing income documentation, asset documentation, credit reports, appraisals, etc.; and accurately calculating credit variables (i.e., DTI and LTV ratios) and other components of the underwriting decision
- Evaluating/examining transactions to judge accuracy and completeness
- Independently evaluating documents to determine authenticity and consistency with National MI requirements
- Determining that fraud detection techniques were appropriate applied and the file was appropriately evaluated from a fraud prevention perspective
- Accurately documenting and clearly articulating, both in writing and verbally, audit findings
- Communicating directly with internal National MI staff to gather information needed for a proper evaluation
- Providing leadership, direction, or training to fellow team members
- Meeting established productivity standards
- Identifying quality trends and underlying causes leading to QC findings
- Providing constructive feedback and suggestions to Operations management and assisting Operations with the development of their remediation plans
- Utilizing the QC audit system to conduct audits and track results
- Develop and maintain respect with all employees and management.
- Exercise personal initiative in organizing and completing tasks.
- Effectively problem solve by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meet established productivity and task management standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Build excellent working relationships within National MI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- A minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience required
- Ability to understand and interpret Fannie and Freddie requirements, and DU and LP Findings
- MI Risk experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
- High level of integrity and trust
- Team player with selfless attitude
- Precise attention to detail
- Ownership and pride in work
- Professional demeanor
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and comprehend detailed policy manuals, instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write and speak effectively. Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to peers and management within National MI.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, distance, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient in MS Office. Able to effectively learn and use the QC system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable challenged individuals to perform the essential functions. Ability to maintain manual dexterity on prolonged computer operation, to sit for extended periods and to lift files, rarely exceeding 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate noise distractions.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications