Administrative Support Specialist
|Title:||Administrative Support Specialist|
|Department:||HR & Administration|
Job Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Department: Administration 2200
Reports to: VP, Administration and dotted line to Assistant to Chairman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties related to general operations of building workspace, relations with Landlord, and on-site Human Resource administrative support for VP of Administration and Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Worker Competencies
- Primary contact with building management relating to parking, building access, emergency management, green office initiatives, cleaning and maintenance
- Maintain vendor approved access list
- Visitor registration and access coordination with security
- Answer phones and email, and handle inquiries or direct them to the appropriate party based on functional/operational knowledge
- Corporate supply ordering. Maintaining adequate levels of general corporate office and kitchen supplies
- Process daily outgoing mail, distribute incoming mail to home office and field staff
- Maintain Federal Express relationship – including ordering supplies and reconciling billing
- Central point of control for work order requests and floor maintenance – including coordination of monthly kitchen cleaning, office painting, special cleaning of carpet, glass, chairs, etc.
- Schedule meetings of all sizes and handle complex logistics related to meetings including all-employee meetings
- Produce and maintain confidential reports
- Maintain floor plan and work with management in placing new employees
- Coordination of building management, IT, outside vendors, etc. in facilitation of floor and staff moves within building
- Facilitate HR initiatives that require an on-site presence, e.g. preparing welcome packets and orientation of new hires, furniture reconfiguration, coordinate ergonomic reviews, distribute HR handouts, etc.
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Is dependable and keeps commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience, Human Resource experience is a plus
- High school diploma or GED.
- Keyboarding speed of 60-70 wpm with high accuracy.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Fully proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong customer service skills and values.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing priorities and varied duties on a daily basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications