Marketing Communications Manager
|Title:||Marketing Communications Manager|
|Department:||Marketing & Product Development|
Job Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Reports to: Director, Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and internal communication strategies that align with marketing’s strategic direction and priorities with particular emphasis on content marketing, thought leadership development and field sales related events. This position will work closely and partner with the National MI Sales and Insurance Operations teams.
The primary focus of this position is to develop and manage content marketing strategies that clearly reflect an understanding of both internal and external clients, and leverage this knowledge to collaboratively drive results and deliver against company priorities and business strategies. The Manager will help to identify issues and priorities and play a key role in the positioning of our executive team as thought leaders in our marketplace (industry, category, solutions). This involves maintaining a keen focus on content development; leading the internal and external content management strategy, and heading internal alignment meetings.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
The Marketing Communications Manager will have accountabilities for internal as well as external communication and will lead internal monthly collaboration and alignment group meetings.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Communication (Internal and External) Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Essential Worker Competencies
- Charged with developing, testing, implementing and continually improving National MI’s content management strategy in order to create thought leadership for National MI and its industry-specific approach.
- Work with business owners and members of the marketing team to develop and implement overall external communication plans. Identify key issues and potential obstacles, determine target audiences, target strategies to meet the needs of different audiences, develop key messages, identify and implement communication tools and marketing materials.
- Align communications across all groups and build internal understanding of marketing’s strategic direction utilizing existing materials (SharePoint; internal newsletters, etc.) and new communications vehicles.
- Own the marketing communication calendar and effectively communicate our tactical plans in a timely manner throughout the organization.
- Work closely with Product Development and Sales to develop the take to market plans for new and emerging sub-lines.
- Maintain National MI’s branding and visual identity guidelines and ensure consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing materials and activities.
- Create and update collateral, presentations, brochures, product sheets, fact sheets, case studies, white papers, web content, newsletters, signage, and ads.
- Constantly explore, recommend, use and optimize communication methods, vehicles and technologies to engage with various audiences, particularly as part of fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- College graduate with minimum of five to seven years experience as a marketer/communicator with demonstrated content development skills in working with senior management and a proven track record of outstanding performance;
- Outstanding communication skills across numerous platforms including written, verbal and multi-media (print and email) with impeccable copyediting skills;
- A natural translator, able to take complex concepts and translate them to target audiences in unique, understandable and meaningful ways;
- Proven ability to work with a team, build strong relationships, and collaborate for results;
- Strong ability to translate information from the line to strategic support units in order to easily shift concepts and ideas into action;
- Excellent connecter of people and ideas – able to build relationships naturally and align interests of broad stakeholders;
- Needs to be “hungry” – combining the intrinsic motivation and drive to excel, with a natural ability to inspire success in others.
- Results oriented – able to span both strategy and tactics with equal enthusiasm;
- Project/program management an asset;
- Mortgage or financial services background a plus.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
We offer a wide range of benefits to full-time employees, including:
Easy and effective on line enrollment in Medical, dental and vision insurance options and:
Diversity and Inclusion
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with JPMorgan Chase Health Savings Account (HSA)
- ING 401(k) account with 100% company match on employee contributions up to 4% of base salary (statutory limits apply)
- Term life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Voluntary benefits, including auto/home insurance, legal services, pet insurance, employee purchase program (employees can purchase new, brand-name computers and electronics through easy payroll deductions)
- ADP Personal Discounts (Perks). The ADP Personal Discounts program offers discounts on hundreds of brand-name product and services in categories like travel, electronics, health, fitness and more.
At National MI, we strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to build a diverse workforce, increase competencies, and support career development for all our employees. Our welcoming work environment encourages employees to engage with one another and make National MI a place they look forward to working each day.