Customer Service Representative
|Title:||Customer Service Representative|
|Department:||Quality Assurance, Imaging and Solution Center|
This position assists National MI internal and external customers with a variety of questions, from system access requests to loan scenarios to general company information. The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for providing excellent customer service by promptly answering calls, assessing the request and providing timely, correct answers to the customer. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required:
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Worker Competencies
- Responsible for answering calls from National MI’s external customers, which could be related to a broad spectrum of questions. Responsible for answering calls from internal departments, such as Sales, to assist with customer inquiries they have received.
- Accountable for answering calls timely and providing correct answers, or appropriate next steps, to the customers’ questions.
- Create user accounts for external customers to access National MI’s enterprise transaction system and convey the user IDs, password, and user instructions to the external customers.
- Effectively escalate calls to Manager when appropriate.
- Capture and record customers’ issues in a customer support ticketing system and determine appropriate escalation paths for issues that cannot be resolved directly by the National MI call center staff.
- Helps identify trends in customers’ questions and presents them to the Call Center Manager to help facilitate Frequently Asked Questions or informational flyers.
- Have a general knowledge of common questions/concerns from customers to effectively answer the questions. The areas of knowledge include IT (assistance with logging in to National MI’s system ), Underwriting (loan scenarios, loan status) and Policy and Default Servicing (obtain and provide copies of certificates, provide % of coverage, answer billing questions, etc.).
- Effectively communicate with internal staff to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Accountable for maintaining company determined call answering times.
- When call volume is low, assist with Servicing or Underwriting projects as needed .
- May be required to work a variable work schedule to manage calls for all U.S. time zones.
- Assist Underwriting and Policy/Default Servicing with monitoring and answering customer facing email addresses and faxes as directed.
- Responsible for learning about new products and services National MI will provide our customers in order to answer questions related to the new initiatives.
- Access National MI's systems to research questions from internal/external customers and to update information in the systems within certain authority levels.
- Develop and maintain respect with all employees and management.
- Exercise personal initiative in organizing and completing tasks according to established guidelines and team needs.
- Effectively problem solve by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Facilitate an excellent working relationship with Processors, Underwriters, Servicing and Managers.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Is dependable and keeps commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in mortgage lending REQUIRED.
- Processing, servicing, customer service experience preferred.
- Professional speaking and listening skills required.
- MI Risk experience a plus.
- Excellent customer service.
- High level of integrity and trust.
- Team player with selfless attitude.
- Precise attention to detail.
- MS Office Suite proficient.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
We offer a wide range of benefits to full-time employees, including:
Easy and effective on line enrollment in Medical, dental and vision insurance options and:
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with JPMorgan Chase Health Savings Account (HSA)
- ING 401(k) account with 100% company match on employee contributions up to 4% of base salary (statutory limits apply)
- Term life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Voluntary benefits, including auto/home insurance, legal services, pet insurance, employee purchase program (employees can purchase new, brand-name computers and electronics through easy payroll deductions)
- ADP Personal Discounts (Perks). The ADP Personal Discounts program offers discounts on hundreds of brand-name product and services in categories like travel, electronics, health, fitness and more.
Diversity and Inclusion
At National MI, we strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to build a diverse workforce, increase competencies, and support career development for all our employees. Our welcoming work environment encourages employees to engage with one another and make National MI a place they look forward to working each day.
National Mortgage Insurance Corporation ("National MI℠") is a new mortgage insurance company that has access to over $500 million of private, unencumbered capital for the mortgage insurance sector. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, National MI is led by an experienced management team with strong mortgage, financial services and start-up experience.
Our goal is to provide a fresh, new perspective to the market through innovative products and risk protection delivered by National MI’s very talented sales force and risk managers.
National MI seeks to differentiate itself based on several principles:
• Financial strength – we are highly capitalized and have no constraints due to legacy business
• Significant capacity to insure new business and offer competitive programs and products to support your production goals
• A unique underwriting program with strong loan quality assurance
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications