Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery Specialist
|Title:||Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery Specialist|
Job Title: Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Recovery Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology and Security
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Contract-to-Hire
The BCP/DR Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the development, arrangements and procedures so that National MI can respond to a disaster and insure that critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame and the amount of loss can be minimized. This includes coordinating the design, development, maintenance and testing of the overall business continuity and disaster recovery plans for each critical area of the organization. The BCP/DR Specialist will also be responsible for coordinating and leading quarterly disaster recovery and business continuity exercises.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct business impact analyses for critical business processes, applications and services
- Establish BCP and DR testing methodologies
- Develop run-books for all applications, infrastructure and services
- Lead quarterly DR and BCP exercises
- Acts as a coordinator to the business in the event of a disruption
- Develop recovery strategies and options and assist with the implementation of recovery solutions
- Conduct disaster recovery trainings
- Map business processes to their associated dependencies
- Work with IT to ensure that as new equipment, locations, services and partners are brought online that BCP and DR issues are addressed
- Develop and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plans and corporate emergency response procedures
Essential Worker Competencies
- 5-7 plus years experience in business continuity, disaster recovery or related fields
- Knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
- Ability to organize, plan, and direct the testing of emergency response, recovery support, and business resumption procedures
- Strong inter-personal skills to interface with all levels of staff within the organization
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience supporting a technologically diverse infrastructure with working technical knowledge of data, voice, Windows, Linux, networking, and application recovery
- Self-motivated, self-directed and shows attention to detail while working
- Knowledge of data compliance and privacy standards and regulations as they apply to insurance and banking industries
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a diverse team of business and IT staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred; Professional certifications are an advantage
- Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or Associate Disaster Recovery Planner certifications preferred
- The ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values
- Displays commitment to excellence
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes
- Is dependable and keeps commitments
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Some travel to our data center may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
Certificates and Certifications:
Bachelors in Computer Science or related IT field and/or 5-10 years of experience working within a diverse IT environment. Industry certifications related to this position a plus.
Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications