|Department:||Policy and Default Servicing|
Job Title: Servicing Representative
Department: Insurance Operations
Reports to: Farrah Panetta
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Policy Servicing Representative will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our lenders and servicers and will assist the Policy Servicing team in completing various servicing activities. This role will be proactive in assisting National MI internal and external customers with a variety of actions from helping with activating new coverage to maintaining existing Certificates. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required:
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
essential Worker Competencies
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external departments through various communication methods (phone, email, fax, meetings)
- Support servicing specialists’ efforts with customer specific initiatives
- Monitor and answer the department’s incoming emails and faxes
- Assist the Policy Servicing team with Certificate Administration responsibilities
- Assist the Policy Servicing team with premium deposit activities and reconciliation of payments.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department on billing and payment activities
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining departments’ SharePoint site including uploading new/updated procedures
- Responsible for helping the Policy Servicing team with the on-boarding process of new Lenders and Servicers
- Assist team efforts in maintaining and storing lender documentation by following document retention guidelines
- Assist team efforts in system testing, tracking, and documentation
- Capture and record customer’s issues in a customer support ticketing system and determine appropriate escalation paths for issues that cannot be resolved directly by the Policy Servicing department.
- Utilize various company systems such as the servicing system, customer relationship management system, and external facing websites to facilitate and process servicing transactions
- Have a general knowledge of common questions from customers to effectively answer the questions. The areas of knowledge include IT (assistance with logging in to National MI’s system), Underwriting (loan scenarios, loan status) and Policy and Default Servicing (obtain and provide copies of certificates, answer certificate administration questions, answer billing questions, etc.).
- Support internal servicing efforts of lender reporting, data analysis, and ad-hoc projects
- Responsible for learning about new products and services National MI will provide our customers in order to answer questions related to the new initiatives
- Access National MI's systems to research questions from internal/external customers and to update information in the systems
- Collaborate with the Policy Servicing team, and other internal departments, to create or enhance policies and procedures
- Strong collaboration with National MI’s Solution Center
- Develop and maintain respect with all employees and management.
- Exercise personal initiative in organizing and completing tasks according to established guidelines and team needs.
- Effectively problem solve by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
- Displays commitment to excellence.
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Is dependable and keeps commitments.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in mortgage lending or banking
- Processing, servicing, or customer service experience preferred.
- Professional speaking and listening skills required.
- Excellent customer service.
- High level of integrity and trust.
- Team player with selfless attitude.
- Precise attention to detail.
- MS Office Suite proficient.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications