eCommerce Integration Specialist
|Title:||eCommerce Integration Specialist|
|Department:||E-Business & User Support|
Job Title: eCommerce Integration Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Senior Product Manager, Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt commensurate
The eCommerce Integration Specialist implements precise integration solutions, enabling seamless communication between the company’s enterprise systems and lender/vendor systems. You will collaborate with a variety of integration professionals, including Product Managers, Business Analysts, and Software Engineers, to implement various integration solutions, which include XML, ASC X12, flat file, and document image integration. With your blend of technical and personal skills, you will be instrumental in growing the business’ capabilities!
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
essential Worker Competencies
- Develops file transformations involving delimited, fixed-width, XML, ASC X12, and proprietary formats.
- Contributes substantially to the Data Integration Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development lifecycle, including developing and testing ETL programs; and production monitoring and support of the ETL application tier.
- Administrates all aspects of the data and document integration ecosphere, including ETL software, and configuration and performance tuning of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) components.
- Configures and tests trading partner profiles within the ESB layer.
- Performs root cause analysis when ETL issues arise and proposes solutions.
- Develops data transformations to SOAP/REST endpoints, databases, messaging middleware, and output files.
- Provides technical design and implementation recommendations.
- Interview users and reviews existing documentation to elicit business requirements.
- Create software development lifecycle artifacts to document business requirements, functional specifications, and deliverables.
- Hands-on modeling to represent business activities in diagrams or other hands-on experience with documenting a system or a feature, as demonstrated by the use of BPMN or UML, or any other notation to represent a business need.
- Monitors support tickets related to the data and document image integration layer, and identify issues that are process or training related.
- Designs and/or improves process workflows to enhance business processes.
- Participates in business requirements meetings with IT, internal business units, external vendors, and customers.
- Actively investigates new processes, methods, and tools to support and improve Data and Document Image Integration practices.
- Ensures that all project activities are thoroughly documented and current, and that appropriate change management and version control practices procedures have been followed.
- Provides team members and management with timely status of activities and issues. Escalates issues when necessary by recognizing severity and impact to users and IT systems.
- Works independently and resolves complex problems with limited supervision.
- Adheres to policies and procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Provides end-user assistance regarding systems and related software.
- Ensures users and customers are provided professional, courteous, and timely response and communications.
- Establishes and maintains a library of technical documents and publications that support the insurance and document management systems.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must be proficient in Data Integration ETL terminology, concepts and best practices.
- Any experience with use-case and test-driven software development methodologies is beneficial.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented team-player.
- Knowledge of MISMO XML and the mortgage finance industry is a plus.
- Experience with Sterling Integrator or other B2B(EDI) application.
- Functional knowledge of FTP, SFTP protocols.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, change management, and time management.
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access and other Windows-based software applications.
- Strong skills in requirements elicitation and requirements management, as demonstrated by experience with, and preference for, types of documentation and requirements management tools such as JIRA, DOORs or Rational Rose.
- Proven ability to re-engineer business processes.
- Experience and familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. RUP, Agile).
- Experience with process management and process change implementation.
- Knowledge, or the ability to gain knowledge, of the specialized software relating to insurance and imaging systems.
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals.
- Experience in the area of insurance processes and document management.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Skill in writing and editing.
- Skill in reading comprehension and proof reading.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works ethically, and with integrity, supporting organizational goals and values.
- Meets productivity standards and achieves key outcomes.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately.
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Analyzes and interprets information accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4+ years hands-on ETL design and development.
- 2+ years Java, .Net, or comparable procedural programming experience.
- 2+ years experience using XML and interfacing with SOAP/REST web services.
- 1+ years experience interfacing with messaging middleware or Enterprise Service Bus software.
- Five years of experience within the insurance, mortgage, or related industry.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in information technologies, processes, software development lifecycles, and strategic initiatives.
- Rational Unified Process and/or Agile experience or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, as this position requires up to 8 hours a day of computer work. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office setting.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications